Welcome to PyPy
PyPy is a fast, compliant alternative implementation of the Python
language (2.7.8 and 3.2.5). It has several advantages and distinct features:
- Speed: thanks to its Just-in-Time compiler, Python programs
often run faster on PyPy. (What is a JIT compiler?)
- Memory usage: memory-hungry Python programs (several hundreds of
MBs or more) might end up taking less space than they do in CPython.
- Compatibility: PyPy is highly compatible with existing python code.
It supports cffi and can run popular python libraries like twisted
- Sandboxing: PyPy provides the ability to run untrusted code in a
fully secure way.
- Stackless: PyPy comes by default with support for stackless mode,
providing micro-threads for massive concurrency.
- As well as other features.
Download and try out the PyPy or PyPy3 release 2.3.1, or the 2.4-beta!
Want to know more? A good place to start is our detailed speed and