PyPy sprint in Leipzig, Germany (June 22-27)
The next PyPy sprint will be held --- for the first time in a while --- in a place where we haven't been so far: Leipzig, Germany, at the Python Academy's Teaching Center. It will take place from the 22nd to the 27th of June 2012, before EuroPython. Thanks to Mike Müller for organizing it!
This is a fully public sprint, everyone is welcome to join us. All days are full sprint days, so it is recommended to arrive the 21st and leave the 28th.
Topics and goals¶
Open. Here are some goals:
- numpy: progress towards completing the numpypy module; try to use it in real code
- stm: progress on Transactional Memory; try out the transaction module on real code.
- jit optimizations: there are a number of optimizations we can still try out or refactor.
- work on various, more efficient data structures for Python language. A good example would be lazy string slicing/concatenation or more efficient objects.
- any other PyPy-related topic is fine too.
For students, we have the possibility to support some costs via PyPy funds. Additionally, we can support you applying for grants from the PSF and other sources.
If you'd like to come, please sign up either by announcing yourself on pypy-dev, or by directly adding yourself to the list of people. (We need to have a head count for the organization.) If you are new to the project please drop a note about your interests and post any questions.
For more information, please see the sprint announcement.