We're pleased to announce the second beta of the upcoming 2.1 release of PyPy.
This beta adds one new feature to the 2.1 release and contains several bugfixes listed below.
You can download the PyPy 2.1 beta 2 release here:
- Support for os.statvfs and os.fstatvfs on unix systems.
- Fixed issue 1533: fix an RPython-level OverflowError for space.float_w(w_big_long_number).
- Fixed issue 1552: GreenletExit should inherit from BaseException.
- Fixed issue 1537: numpypy __array_interface__
- Fixed issue 1238: Writing to an SSL socket in pypy sometimes failed with a "bad write retry" message.
distutils: copy CPython's implementation of customize_compiler, dont call
split on environment variables, honour CFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, LDSHARED and
- During packaging, compile the CFFI tk extension.
What is PyPy?
PyPy is a very compliant Python interpreter, almost a drop-in replacement for
CPython 2.7.3. It's fast due to its integrated tracing JIT compiler.
This release supports x86 machines running Linux 32/64, Mac OS X 64 or Windows
32. Also this release supports ARM machines running Linux 32bit - anything with
ARMv6 (like the Raspberry Pi) or ARMv7 (like Beagleboard,
Chromebook, Cubieboard, etc.) that supports VFPv3 should work.
Windows 64 work is still stalling, we would welcome a volunteer
to handle that.