The next PyPy sprint will be in Leysin, Switzerland, for the thirteenth time. This is a fully public sprint: newcomers and topics other than those proposed below are welcome.
(Note: this sprint is independent from the suggested April-May sprint in Poland.)
Goals and topics of the sprint
The list of topics is open, but here is our current list:
- cffi tutorial/overview rewrite
- py3 test runners are too complicated
- make win32 builds green
- make packaging more like cpython/portable builds
- get CI builders for PyPy into mainstream projects (Numpy, Scipy, lxml, uwsgi)
- get more of scientific stack working (tensorflow?)
- cpyext performance improvements
- General 3.5 and 3.6 improvements
- JIT topics: guard-compatible, and the subsequent research project to save and reuse traces across processes
- finish unicode-utf8
- update www.pypy.org, speed.pypy.org (web devs needed)
As usual, the main side goal is to have fun in winter sports :-) We can take a day off (for ski or anything else).
Work days: starting March 18th (~noon), ending March 24th (~noon).
Please see announcement.txt for more information.